Sundried tomatoes are delicious in for example a salad or pasta. I usually buy them, but because I had some tomatoes lying around I decided to make them myself this time. They taste great and much better than the sun-dried tomatoes from the store. The oil where you save them in is given a wonderfully aromatic flavor and is also delicious for a salad dressing or you could use it for dipping bread. Maybe a focaccia bread?
Read on to see how to make sun-dried tomatoes. . .
What do you need for sun-dried tomatoes
– 1 kilo flavorful tomatoes
– Extra virgin olive oil
– dried Italian herbs
– jar to store your sun-dried tomatoes in
How to make sun dried tomatoes
1. Cut the tomatoes into pieces and place on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and dried Italian herbs to taste.
2. Bake the tomatoes in a preheated oven at 120 degrees Celsius for about 3 hours. The tomatoes have shrunk but not completely dried.
3. Put the tomatoes in the jar and pour olive oil over it until the tomatoes are covered. Put them in the fridge until you use them.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma