I love galettes. They are really easy to make and taste just fantastic. If you make the dough in front you can keep it for a couple of days in your fridge or a couple of months in your freezer. This way you will always have something delicious for unexpected guests. For the topping you can use whatever you have in your fridge at that time. Today I make a galette with Camembert, dried cranberries and pear. And really, that combination is absolutely delicious!
Learn how to make this delicious galette with Camembert, dried cranberries and pear after the jump. . .
What you need for this galette with Camembert, dried cranberries and pear
for the dough
– 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 Tbs. sugar
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter on room temperature, cut into small pieces
– 1/3 cup of cold water
For the topping
– 2 pears
– 1 cup of dried cranberries
– 1/2 Camembert
– 1 egg
How to make this delicious galette with Camembert, dried cranberries and pear
Mix the flour with the sugar and the salt in a large bowl. At the butter and mix. At the water and mix until everything is coming together and becomes a dough. Wrap the dough in plastic and put it in the fridge for at least an hour. Put your oven at 200 degrees Celsius. Now comes the fun part: the topping!
1. Roll out the dough into a big circle from around 1/4 inch thick. Slice your pears and put your first layer on the dough. Leaving about 1 1/2 inch of the edge uncovered. Put the dried cranberries on top of that. Slice your Camembert and put the pieces on your galette. Finish with some sugar.
2. Fold the edges of the dough inwards. You can do this all fancy or just free handed. I like a natural look on my galettes. Wisk your egg and brush it on the dough. Finish with a little bit of suggar.
3. Bake your delicious galette in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma