I had a jar of pesto in the fridge and of course you can’t have pesto without a delicious bread. Therefore I decided to make a focaccia bread. Delicious and super easy to make! The dough is very similar to pizza dough. It just has a different processing. It would also be nice to serve with soup instead of a standard baguette!
Read on to see how you can make a focaccia bread. . .
What do you need for focaccia bread
– 3 cups patent flour
– 1 cup of hot water
– 7 gram’s of instant yeast (1 packet)
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– Half a teaspoon of salt
– 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt
– 1 tablespoon of rosemary
This is how you make a focaccia bread
1. Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the center. Put the salt on the side of your bowl, next to the well. Add the yeast and the olive oil into the well and add the water. Mix with a hand mixer with dough hooks until you have a cohesive dough.
2. Divide your dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Make sure your bread is about 1 inch thick. Grab a piece of plastic foil and grease it with olive oil. Place the foil with the olive oil at the bottom on top of your dough and let it rest for 45 minutes.
3. Remove the foil after 45 minutes and sprinkle your dough with water. Prick holes in the dough with your finger and sprinkle it with coarse sea salt and rosemary.
4. Bake the focaccia bread in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes until it’s golden brown.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma