When my boyfriend is not feeling well he always wants soup. He doesn’t really care if it’s from a can or homemade. He just wants soup. Tomato soup is his favorite at those times. I don’t like canned soup. So I make homemade tomato soup. This recipe is really easy but it absolutely beats the canned tomato soup by miles!
Learn how to make this easy tomato soup after the jump. . .
What you need for easy tomato soup for 4 servings
– two tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 onion
– 1 garlic clove
– 1 cm ginger
– two 400 grams tins of diced tomatoes (800 grams total)
– 800 ml of chicken stock
– 200 ml of whipping cream
– 4 table spoons of cornstarch
– salt and pepper
How to make this easy but delicious tomato soup
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and bake the diced onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, the ginger(grated) and the chicken stock and wait until the soup cooks.
3. Set on low and add the cream to the soup. Cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Mix the cornstarch with some water in a little bowl. Add this to your soup.
4. Let the soup cook one more time, set on low and use salt and pepper to taste.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma