When we have visitors over, I always put some goodies on the table. And preferably something I made myself. Sometimes it’s easy to make something that doesn’t take too much time. This super easy apple pie is one example. The crust is made with puff pastry. Puff pastry with butter to be exact. That is so much better than the normal version! But if you can not get it you can always replace it with regular puff. A super tasty recipe that takes very little preparation time!
Read on to see how to make this delicious and super easy apple pie. . .
What do you need for this super easy apple pie
– 2 Elstar apples
– 25 grams butter
– 4 square slices of butter puff pastry
– 1 tablespoon custard powder
– 3 tablespoons apricot jam
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 egg
How to make this super easy apple pie
1. Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius. Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and place the four slices separately on the worksheet to thaw.
2. When the pastry is thawed enough you arrange the slices on a lined baking sheet. With a wet finger or a brush you make the edges wet and then you put the next slice with an overlap of about an inch over here so that a larger square is created. Press firmly so it is not loose. Use a fork to prick holes in the pastry, this is less humid and it will be done easier. Spread custard powder over the pastry. This ensures that the moisture of the apples is taken in.
3. Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices. Put the slices in rows on the pastry. Make sure that you keep about 2.5 inches free on the sides. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the apples. Cut the butter into small cubes and spread them over the pie.
4. Fold the edges of your puff inside. To ”show off” , you can just press down the side with a fork. This gives you a nice ribbed edge. Beat your egg and use a brush to distribute it over the edge. This will turn into a golden brown crust during baking.
5. Post your apple pie at the bottom of the preheated oven and bake it for about 15 minutes until nicely golden. Preheat your apricot jam with two tablespoons of water in a pan so that a beautiful liquid jelly arises. Remove the pie from the oven and spread jelly over the apples.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma