Hangop is a classic, some will say old fashioned, Dutch dessert. Some of my friends never had one of these delicious soft and creamy desserts so I decided to make them my version. My hangop is made with blackberries and cantuccini biscuits. These Italian biscuits taste great with the hangop!
Learn how to make this delicious Dutch hangop with blackberries and cantuccini biscuits after the jump. . .
What you need for hangop with blackberries and cantuccini biscuits (for 4 servings)
– four cups of full-fat yogurt
– one cup of whipping cream
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– one table spoon of vanilla essence
– one 1/2 cup of blackberries
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 6 cantucini biscuits
– 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
How to make hangop with blackberries and cantuccini biscuits
1. Put a colander on top of a big bowl and place a clean tea towel inside the colander. Put all the yogurt inside the tea towel and put it in the fridge. Let stand for 24 hours.
2. Place a pan on your stove with the blackberries (you can keep a few for garnish), a quarter of a cup of water and the sugar. Wait until the sugar is melted. Now put the cornstarch in a small bowl and mix it with two tablespoons of water. Put it in your pan and let the sauce thicken a little. Let your sauce cool in the fridge.
3. When you take it out of the fridge your yogurt will be thicker and there will be a liquid in the bowl. Put the thick yogurt in a smaller bowl and mix the whipping cream, the sugar and the vanilla essence trough the yogurt.
4. Crush the cantuccini biscuits in a small plastic bag and crush them with a hammer (or something else you have lying around).
5. Place four glasses on your working space. Start with a layer of cantuccini biscuits, followed by hangop, 2 table spoons of blackberry sauce, another layer of hangop and again some blackberry sauce. End with a little bit of crushed cantuccini and the left over blackberries.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma