I just ordered a this amazing tapewriter from PS Ik hou van jou. It’s a Dutch site, but don’t worry if you are not Dutch. Amazon also has a great alternative! I love the look of the letters. These old-fashioned embossing tapewriters are so much better than the modern printing ones! Because I love the look of these labels so much I decided to create some magnets from them. This way I can use the labels over and over again without damaging my lockers! So today I’m going to show you this quick and easy DIY project for tapewriter magnets.
Learn how to make these cute DIY tapewriter magnets after the jump. . .
What you need for DIY tapewriter magnets
– a tapewriter
– tapewriter tape
– a magnetic sheet
How to create these cute DIY tapewriter magnets
1. Use your tapewriter to create the words you like for your magnets.
2. Remove the backing of the tape and put them on your magnetic sheet. My sheet was recycled from an old refrigerator planner, but you can also buy one at Amazon.
3. If you want your magnets to have ‘fancy’ ends I found that the easiest way is to cut the tape first and use it as a guide to draw the shape with pencil on your magnetic sheet. Cut out the shape and place the tape on top of it afterwards.
4. For your rectangular magnets you can just cut along the edges of the tape.
5. Your cute DIY tapewriter magnets are ready!
Aren’t they cute? XO Wilma