I really love the ombre trend. The ombre hair is not really for me because I really like my blonde hair as it is for now. But the ombre fashion, interior and jewelry items are absolutely gorgeous! Today I want to share a chevron ombre necklace DIY with you. Yes I know, chevron AND ombre, how great is that? And it’s really not that hard to make. Because for the ombre colors you just need some paint chips!
Learn how to make this pretty paint chip chevron ombre necklace after the jump. . .
What you need for this paint chip chevron ombre necklace
– paint chip
– chain necklace
– small jump rings
– piece of plastic (I used recycled vertical Venetian blinds)
– triangle ruler
– Mod Podge
– Paint brush
– jewelry pliers
How to create a paint chip chevron ombre necklace
1. Find a paint chip in a color that you like. I really liked this blue one. I love the color in the light shades just as much as in the darker shades.
2. Cut the paint chip in pieces. Use your triangle ruler to create a chevron shape on the back of one of the pieces of paint chip. Cut out the first chevron piece and use it to trace around for the other pieces of paint chip. Cut out all of them.
3. Put some Mod Podge with your paintbrush on the back of the chevron pieces and glue them in the right order on your piece of plastic.
4. Wait until the Mod Podge is completely dry and cut out your chevron necklace hanger.
5. Use your Cropodile to punch two holes in each upper corner of your chevron necklace hanger.
6. Take your jewelry pliers and attach the chain necklace with the small jump rings to your hanger.
7. Wear your new paint chip chevron ombre necklace with pride! XO Wilma