In my Easter egg compilation yesterday I promised you to make new Easter egg projects this year. This is the first one I want to share with you. These cute Easter bunny egg cozies are perfect for an Easter brunch. They keep your eggs nice and warm! Best thing? You don’t have to sew anything! You do have to do a little bit of embroidery, but everything else is glued in place. A fast and easy Easter DIY project that you can keep and use for years to come.
Learn how to make these cute Easter bunny egg cozies after the jump. . .
What you need for no sew Easter bunny egg cozies
– Easter bunny egg cozy template (click to download)
– Fabric glue
– Felt in different colors*
– Black felt*
– White felt*
– Small white pompoms
– Black embroidery thread
– Embroidery needle
– Pencil (to trace the pattern onto your felt)
* You can get a pack of assorted colors craft felt here.
How to make these cute no sew Easter bunny egg cozies
1. Cut out the Easter bunny egg cozy pattern and trace it with a pencil onto your felt. Cut out the felt pieces. You need 2 white ‘inner ears’ and 1 front + 1 back in the color of your choice. The nose and the eyes are the easiest to cut out without a pattern from your black felt.
2. Glue the ears, nose and eyes on top of the front of your Easter bunny.
3. Freehand the embroidery of the mouth. Don’t make it to difficult or to much work, I just used 5 stitches to complete this mouth.
4. Put glue all around the back panel of your Easter bunny egg cozy (except for the bottom part) and place the front on top of the back.
5. Glue on the tail of your bunny on the back of your Easter bunny egg cozy.
6. Let all the glue dry for as long as described on your fabric glue package.
7. And your cute little Easter bunny egg cozies are ready to be used! XO Wilma