I love the section with lace curtains at the thrift store. I just can’t resist pretty lace. They are great for recycling project. It’s great to give something like that a second life! Today I’m going to share with you a cute lace skirt. Made with, of course, a lace curtain from the thrift store!
Learn how to make this cute DIY lace skirt after the jump. . .
What you need for this lace skirt
– thrifted lace curtain
– simple elastic white skirt
– sewing machine
How to make this lace skirt from thrifted lace curtains
1. Find a elastic skirt and a lace curtain that you really like. I used a curtain with a nice bottom.
2. Fit the lace around you skirt and place it where you want it to go. Cut off the top of the lace at the height of the top of your skirt. Keep the length of the lace. Lay the lace upside down on top of the skirt, layering the top for the size of the full elastic waistband.
3. Sew the lace around the skirt, halfway the elastic waistband. Pull the elastic while sewing. Start sewing at one of the seams of the skirt.
4. Layer the beginning and the end of the lace. Try to let the pattern repeat.
5. Cut off the excess lace and pin.
6. Sew the seam and you skirt is ready! XO Wilma