I love pom poms but making them can be a real pain. Especially when you need a lot of them. So I bought myself some pom pom makers. They are really cheap but it makes creating pom poms so much easier! No more pushing your yarn through a hole that’s getting smaller and smaller each time you get your yarn through. I feel that these things are a must have for all crafters. I have some crafts for you this week with pom poms so I thought I should do a tutorial first on how to make them with a pom pom maker!
Look after the jump to see how to make pom poms with a pom pom maker. . .
What you need for making pom poms with a pom pom maker
– a pom pom maker
– yarn in the color of your choice (I like to use yarn as thick as possible, that makes the pom poms fluffier)
How to create pom poms with a pom pom maker
1. Each pom pom maker consists of two parts that are exactly the same. Put them on top of each other with the back to back. Start wrapping the yarn around to make it stay in place.
2. Keep wrapping around until you have a thick layer of yarn all around your pom pom maker.
3. Close the pom pom maker and put your thumb in the middle to keep the yarn in place when you cut it.
4. Between the two parts of the pom pom maker there now is a little bit of space. Take your scissors and cut all around.
5. Put a piece of yarn around your pom pom, between the two parts of the pom pom maker and pull your thumb carefully back. Make a tight double knot in the yarn.
6. Open your pom pom maker and remove the pompom.
7. Fluff your pom pom and cut of yarn that is sticking out. When you want it to be extra fluffy you could keep it above a steaming pan with cooking water.
That’s it! Now you know how to make pom poms with a pom pom maker. See you tomorrow with a great DIY featuring pom poms! XO Wilma