As you might know after my cress cups with a face DIY project, I love planters with a face on it. I thing it just gives every plant more personality! So today I want to share this little fellow with you. His name is Bob. OK, just kidding, I don’t actually give my planters names. But isn’t he cute? And I can change his ‘haircut’ as many times as I want. He doesn’t complain! This actually is a recycling project. For the base of this face planter I used a empty can!
What you need for a DIY face planter
– Air dry clay
– Empty and clean can (label removed)
– Paint brush
– White spray paint
How to make this cute DIY face planter
1. Roll out your clay and cut out a piece as wide as your can. Wrap this around your can and cut of the excess clay.
2. Roll the tin with your hand so your seem will disappear and the clay will get a smooth surface.
3. Cut out a nose and place it on your planter. Use your paint brush and some water to make it stick.
4. Now make the rest of the face. You can use your knife and the back of your paint brush to do this. I also added two little balls of clay for the eyes.
5. Let your face planter dry for 24 til 48 hours until your clay is completely dry.
6. Spray paint your face planter for a smooth and shiny look.
That’s it! Isn’t he cute? XO Wilma