I love how this speckled crescent moon necklace turned out. I made it with black pepper! How amazing is that? This necklace is simple but elegant. A pretty boho statement piece.
Learn how to make this DIY crescent moon necklace after the jump. . .
What you need for a DIY crescent moon necklace
- air dry clay
- gold paint
- gold necklace
- gold jump rings
- jewelry pliers
- black pepper
- glass or round cookie cutter
- wood or metal skewer
How to make a DIY crescent moon necklace
1. Take a piece of clay and put some black pepper on top of it. Roll it out.
2. Use a glass or round cookie cutter to cut out a circle. Now make a moon shape by placing the glass about an inch to the right. Also cut out a small circle. You can use a small lid or a tin paper tube for this.
3. Cut holes in the moon and the small circle with a wood or metal skewer. They should be big enough to get a jump ring trough.
3. Paint the small circle gold.
4. Use the jewelry pliers and the jump rings to connect the moon and the circle. Attach the small circle with the necklace.
Now show of your new crescent moon necklace!