Today is the first day of the 10 day washi tape marathon. Yes that’s right, 10 days with washi tape crafts! How cool is that? I thought it would be nice to make a marathon with just one material. This time it’s washi tape. If you have an idea of a material that you want to see in a 10 day marathon please let me know! We begin this marathon with DIY washi tape cocktail sticks. They are perfect to make that cocktail just a little bit more special!
Learn how to make DIY washi tape cocktail sticks after the jump. . .
What you need for washi tape cocktail sticks
– washi tape
– wood skewers
How to make DIY washi tape cocktail sticks
1. Look for different rolls of washi tape that look good together.
2. Cut three, 4 inch strips from the washi tape and cut the strips in thinner strips.
3. Fold the strips around the wood skewer from the top down (see picture).
4. Finish folding all the washi tape around the wood skewer.
5. Use scissors to curl the edges of the washi tape, like you would curl ribbon.
6. That’s it. Enjoy your cocktail! XO Wilma