Yesterday I promised you a DIY with pom poms. So here it is! This pom pom and paper straw Christmas garland will look great on your Christmas tree or chimney. You could make it in any color, or multiply colors. I’m planning on making a small DIY Christmas tree and this garland will look perfect on it. Besides pom poms and paper straws I also included white bells. It makes the garland feel even more like Christmas!
Learn how to make this pretty DIY pom pom and paper straw Christmas garland after the jump. . .
What you need for a pom pom and paper straw Christmas garland
– paper straws
– white bells
– pom poms (click here for a tutorial!)
– yarn in the color of your choice (the same as your pom poms)
– large needle
How to make a pom pom and paper straw Christmas garland
1. Make your pom poms like described here.
2. Cut your paper straws in three pieces.
3. Gather all the parts for your Christmas garland and put the yarn through your needle.
4. Thread the parts one by one to your yarn. Start whit a piece of paper straw, followed by a pom pom, again a piece of paper straw, a white bell, and so on.
5. Secure the first and the last piece of paper straw by putting your needle trough the straw (see picture) and making a knot in the yarn.
6. That’s it! You now have made an amazing DIY pom pom and paper straw Christmas garland! XO Wilma