Today I have a super fun DIY project for you: Christmas tea lights with a plaid pattern. The nice thing about this tea lights is that if you don’t like the pattern anymore, you can change them very easily. The tea lights are painted with acrylic paint, so you can wash off the paint if you want to. If you want a more permanent option, use ceramic paint that you can bake in the oven at a low temperature. The disadvantage of the latter option is that this type of paint dries much faster, making the plaid effect harder to achieve.
Read on to see how you make this Christmas tea lights with plaid pattern. . .
What do you need for Christmas tea lights with plaid pattern
– glass tea lights or shot glasses (as long as a candle will fit inside, it’s OK)
– acrylic paint in red and white
How to make this Christmas tea lights with plaid pattern
1. Make your glasses clean and put a little bit of paint of both colors on a saucer.
2. Paint red lines around the glass about 0.5 an inch above each other. Make sure you put on a thick layer of paint.
3. Paint in between the red lines, white lines. Again, make sure you put on a thick layer!
4. Use a wet brush and move it down in vertical lines. The white and red will mix and this gives a stunning effect!
Your Christmas tea lights with plaid pattern are ready. Have fun with it! XO Wilma