Tiramisu is such a lovely dessert. Of course you could buy it in the store but homemade tiramisu is so much better! And really, it’s not that hard to make. My version has chocolate and amaretto in it. Who can resist that?
Learn how to make this delicious tiramisu after the jump. . .
What you need for tiramisu with chocolate and amaretto for six portions
– 4 eggs
– 250 grams of mascarpone
– 6 tsp sugar
– half a bar of dark chocolate
– one shot glass of amaretto
– lady fingers
– 4 cups of coffee
How to make this delicious tiramisu with chocolate and amaretto
1. Crack the eggs in two bowls: one for the egg whites and one for the yolks. Make sure that none of the yolk gets mixed with the egg white. The bowl from the egg white has to be glass or metal, otherwise the egg whites won’t whisk properly. Mix the yolks with 4 tablespoons of sugar until it’s thick and creamy. Mix the mascarpone with the yolks until everything is smooth.
2. Clean your mixer very well. You don’t want anything greasy on there. Again: the egg whites will not get stiff if it isn’t clean enough. Whisk the egg whites until they form firm peeks. Use a spatula to mix the egg whites with the mascarpone mixture.
3. Brew some strong coffee and let it cool. Put the coffee together with the amaretto in a bowl. When you use small glasses you have to break your lady fingers in small pieces. This way you can cover the bottom of the glasses completely. Put the lady fingers in the coffee, not to long, otherwise they will be to soft to work with. Place the pieces of lady fingers on the bottom of the glasses.
4. Put on top of the lady fingers a layer of the mascarpone and egg mixture. Top it off with some cacao and crushed chocolate. After that you need another layer of lady fingers, a layer of the mascarpone mixture and to top it off some cacao and crushed chocolate.
5. The tiramisu is ready after 4 till 6 hours in the refrigerator. You can garnish your perfect tiramisu with chocolate and amaretto with half a lady finger.
Bonus picture: not only the tiramisu but also my table was covered in coffee, cacao and chocolate!
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma