I love puff pastry. I’m talking about the store bought puff pastry with real butter here. I mean: of course you could make it yourself, but for a quick snack these store bought packages are amazing and super handy! I also love that you can use it for both sweet and savory recipes. Today I have a quick and easy sweet puff pastry snack for you. These delicious little things are made with fig compote, pistachios and white chocolate.
Learn how to make these delicious sweet puff pastry snacks after the jump. . .
Ingredients for about 16 sweet puff pastry snacks with fig marmalade, pistachios and white chocolate
- 2 square pieces of puff pastry
- 2 table spoons of fig marmalade
- 15 grams of pistachios
- 1 egg
- 15 grams of white chocolate
How to make sweet puff pastry snacks with fig marmalade, pistachios and white chocolate
1. Put your oven on 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit) Defrost the puff pastry by laying it down on your table and chop your pistachios into small pieces.
2. Put one table spoon of fig marmalade on each of the pieces of puff pastry and spread it out. Spread the chopped pistachios over the fig marmalade.
3. Roll up the pieces of puff pastry until you get to the middle. Start at the other side and do the same. Cut small pieces from about 1 cm width from this roll. Put them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes.
4. While your puff pastry snacks are cooling down melt your white chocolate au bain marie. Take a spoon and make stripes on top of your puff pastry snacks.
5. When the chocolate is cooled down your sweet puff pastry snacks are ready.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma