This dish is one of my favorites to make. It’s really simple and everybody loves it! I think this is the first thing I ever cooked for my boyfriend. When shoarma (marinaded pork strips) is on sale I always make this dish. I make the sauce myself, but my mother always buys a package of white sauce. It works both ways. I hope you like this recipe! XO Wilma
Learn how to make shoarma and spinach from the oven. . .
What you need for shoarma and spinach from the oven
– 500 grams of shoarma (marinated pork strips)
– 750 grams of storebought rosti
– 2 eggs
– 450 grams of spinach
– 200 grams of grated cheese
– 4 tablespoons of butter
– 4 tablespoons of flower
– 2 cups of milk
– salt and pepper
How to make shoarma and spinach from the oven
1. preheat your oven on 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheid). Bake your shoarma in a pan until it’s golden brown and put it in a large oven dish.
2. Cook your spinach and put it on top of your shoarma. Scramble the eggs and lay it on top of the spinach.
3. Bake the rosti with some salt and pepper and layer it on top of the spinach with eggs.
4. Melt the butter on low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir in flour with a wire whisk. Do not allow the mixture to brown. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly. Put the cheese in it and let it melt. Cook on low heat until sauce begins to thicken. Finish with some salt and pepper to taste. Layer your sauce on top of the rosti. Finish with a layer of grated cheese.
5. Put in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma