I love wrap tortillas because they are delicious and easy to make. But sometimes I like to make those simple store bought things myself. The recipe isn’t hard to do but it take some time to make them. I love the taste of it. They taste a lot more natural comparing to the store bought ones.
Learn how to make homemade tortilla wraps after the jump. . .
What you need for homemade tortilla wraps
– 2 cups of all-purpose flower
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 tablespoons of olive oil
– 3/4 cups of water
For the filling:
– 1 cup of cream cheese
– 2 tablespoons of ketchup
– 1/2 cup of corn
– 1 green pepper
– 1 onion
– 1 cup of shredded chicken breast
– 1/2 cup of grated cheese
– salt and pepper
How to make homemade tortilla wraps
1. Mix the flour, the salt and the baking powder together in a bowl. Add the oil and mix well. Add the water and mix until your dough comes together. Make 12 small balls from the dough.
2. Place the balls on a lightly floured surface and roll them out into a thin tortilla. Heat a skillet on medium-heat fire and place the first tortilla in the skillet. Bake until golden and flip to the other side and bake until that side is golden too. Place the tortillas between two plates to keep them warm and continue baking the rest of them.
3. Bake the chicken in a pan. Add the onion and the pepper and bake for another 3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients (minut 1/4 cup of grated cheese) and bake for 2 more minutes.
4. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celcius (400 degrees Fahrenheit). Put the filling in your tortilla’s and roll up. Put everything in a oven dish and pour some grated cheese over it. Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Your homemade tortilla wraps are ready.
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma