Today I made these delicious and beautiful ‘gift box cookies’ filled with mini m&m’s. Aren’t they cute? They are also my submission for a contest where you can win a KitchenAid mixer. I would loooooove to have one!
Learn how to make these cute and delicious ‘gift box cookies’ filled with m&m’s after the jump. . .
What you need for ‘gift box cookies’ filled with m&m’s
for the dough
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 3/4 cups of sugar
– 1 egg
– 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 1/4 cup of flour
for the decorating
– fondant in different colors
– piping bag with nozzle for icing
– white icing (you can make it yourself by mixing 250 grams of powdered sugar with 1 egg white and a teaspoon of lemon juice)
How to make ‘gift box cookies’ filled with m&m’s
1. Mix the butter with the sugar until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix and knead until you get a nice dough.
2. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. In the meantime roll out the dough until it’s 3/4 of a centimeter thick. Punch out squares. I used the lid of a tin for this. For each ‘gift box cookie’ you need 3 cookies; 2 normal ones and 1 with a hole in the middle. You can cut out the hole with a knife.
3. Bake the cookies in 8 minutes. Get the cookies out of the oven and let them cool.
4. Roll out the fondant. If you add little balls or stripes and roll again you get nice patterns in your fondant. Just like wrapping paper! Use the same cutter as you used for your cookies to cut out the fondant.
5. Put some icing on top of one of a cookie (without a hole) and put the fondant on top so it will stick. Use the same icing to create the ribbon on top.
6. Put a cookie upside down on your work surface. Put some icing on the bottom of a cookie with a hole and press down. Fill the cookie with m&m’s, add some icing on the cookie with the hole and press the cookie with the decorating on top of it.