When I was little, there was really only one soup that I found really nice: mushroom soup. Today I’m happy to say I like a lot more. But I have to say I still do not really like canned soup. As with so many dishes (remember the pizza) fresh is so much better once you get used to it. I’m not going back to ready-made! So if you like to do things easily do not make this delicious soup, because if you do you won’t like it out of a can anymore!
Read on to see how to make this creamy mushroom soup with bacon. . .
What do you need for creamy mushroom soup with bacon
– 350 grams of mushrooms
– 150 ml white wine
– 2 vegetable stock cubes
– 200 grams of cream cheese
– 100 grams Gouda cheese, grated
– 200 ml cream
– 150 grams of bacon
– Handful of fresh parsley
– Salt and pepper
– Three tablespoons of cornstarch
How to make creamy mushroom soup with bacon
1. Heat a frying pan and fry the bacon until it’s crispy. Let it drain on a paper towel. Meanwhile, cut the mushrooms into slices. Put a knob of butter into the bacon fat and fry the mushrooms in it.
2. Put a large pan on and put the mushrooms in it. Add the white wine and bring to a boil. Then add the cream, 1.5 liters of water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil again.
3. Add the cream cheese and stir the soup well until everything is dissolved. Do the same with the grated Gouda cheese. Add this last one bit by bit.
4. For the soup to get the right thickness, just put three tablespoons of cornstarch and a little water in a bowl. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add this solution to your soup. Boil the soup while stirring. If you want a thicker soup you can always add more of the cornstarch mixture.
5. To complete the soup you chop the parsley and add it to the soup. Bring to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the soup with crumbled bacon and a little parsley.