I’m absolutely in love with this project. It looks so cute! The text I added to this speak bubble is sadly something that my plants would probably say when they could speak. I would love to keep everything alive, and really: I am learning But for some reason there are always moments that I just completely forget about my plants. That’s when they die, obviously. So maybe I made these speak bubbles as a reminder so this plant will really survive.
What you need for speech bubbles for your plants
- scrap piece of tin MDF
- white craft paint
- colored craft paint (for the text)
- small paint brush (for the text)
- sponge brush or large paint brush
- wooden skewer
- wood glue
- pliers to cut of the excess wood of the wooden skewer
- fret saw
- dremel with a small drill
How to make speech bubbles for your plants
1. Use your fret saw to create a speak bubble out of the MDF.
2. Cut of both ends of your wooden skewer with pliers.
3. Use dremel with a small drill to make a hole in the bottom of the speak bubble. The hole should be big enough to fit the wooden skewer.
4. Paint both parts of your speak bubble white. I like to use a piece of a household sponge for this kind of projects.
5. Glue both parts together with wood glue.
6. Use a pencil to draw on your text and trace it with a small paintbrush and paint. I love to use nail art paint brushes!
That’s it! Your plants will now speak to you ;). XO Wilma