I love notebooks. My head is always full of ideas and I really need a place to write them down. Of course I can’t just buy a notebook and be done with it. So here is a DIY for a really nice leather notebook!
Learn how to make this DIY leather notebook after the jump. . .
What you need for a DIY leather notebook
- notebook with a kraft cover
- piece of leather (you could recycle a piece from a bag or a piece of clothing)
- leather string
- wood button
- needle and thread
- textil glue
How to make a DIY leather notebook
1. If your notebook has an elastic band, cut it off. Put glue all over your notebook and put the leather on there. You don’t have to cut off the leather just yet, just wait for the glue to be completely dry.
2. Cut the leather around the notebook but leave a piece at the back that you can fold over to the front. Cut that piece in a organic shape for a natural look.
3. Sew the button on the fold over piece of the leather.
4. Wrap the leather string around the button and make a knot. Leave about 4 inch on one side. wrap the other side around the notebook and wrap it twice around the button. Cut off at roughly the same length as the other side.
That’s it. Now you have a place to write down all you ideas!