Sometimes it’s so hard to think of a good gift for someone you love. You want to give them something they will use and remember but they already have so much stuff. And to make it even worse: there is close to nothing on their wishlist. So what to do? Well, pick something they love to do and create something that helps them with it! This garden markers are a great example of just that. My dad loves his vegetable garden (I promise I will make pictures this summer, it’s really pretty) but I noticed he didn’t had any garden markers. So I decided to make him some for his birthday. I called my mom for a list of all the vegetables and bought a lot of paint stirrers. I love the end result and so did my dad. I think they will look great in his garden!
What you need for these paint stirrer garden markers
How to make garden markers form paint stirrers
1. Step one is optional but it makes your garden markers less ‘paint stirrer’ and more ‘garden marker’ looking. Cut out a piece of cardboard with the same width as your paint stirrers. Cut a triangle shape out at the bottom. This piece of cardboard is now perfect to use as a guide to draw a triangle shape on the bottom of all your paint stirrers. You can now use your fret saw to saw the triangle. You now have a nice ‘arrow’ shaped garden marker instead of a paint stirrer.
2. Paint your garden markers. First you need to spray paint them with your primer and after that one or more layers of white spray paint.
3. Choose a font on your computer. A really good source for fonts Fontsquirel. Choose a good size for your garden markers and print out.
4. Use a pencil to color the back of your printer paper. Cut out the words.
5. Lay down the words on your garden markers and trace with a pencil. The pencil on the other side of the paper will transfer to your garden markers.
6. Paint over the transferred words with black paint. Let dry.
That’s it! How cute will these look in your garden? XO Wilma