I have a whole bunch of jars with different shapes and sizes standing here without being used. I have used them in the past in the kitchen for pasta, sugar and flour. But I think it is ultimately better to have jars who look the same. I also had a pot with an advertising message on it. Not very nice to display in the kitchen. It seemed like a good idea to cover them with fabric. Now they are super cute jars who earn a spot in the kitchen!
Read on to see how you make these cute fabric covered jars. . .
What do you need for fabric-covered jars
– tape or ribbon
– Mod Podge
– white spraypaint
How to make a fabric-covered jar
1. Find a few pots whit hollow lids. Often you can remove the plastic on the inside of the lids. Spray the inside with white paint and put the plastic back into place.
2. Cut the fabric to size. Take an extra inch in width and 2 inch in height. Make cuts at the bottom of the fabric for about 1 inch as seen in the picture.
3. Brush Mod Podge on the jar and cover the jar in the fabric. Glue the overlap and make it stick. Make sure that the fabric at the bottom is a little bit below the jar so that you can glue the flaps onto the bottom of the jar.
4. Place the pieces of fabric onto the bottom and glue a round piece of fabric on top of it. Cut the fabric at the top of the jar to size. Make small cuts if necessary and glue it. Glue a piece of tape or ribbon on top of it.
5. The lid can get back onto your jar and it’s ready to be used! XO Wilma0