Cress is a lovely herb that tastes great on a sandwich with cheese or cream cheese. It’s also a herb that is really easy to grow at home. Within days you can harvest from your own little window garden. When I found these little sake cups at the thrift store I immediately saw some great looking cress planters in them. Because what looks better then a cute little face with some green hair? This is also a great little project to do with kids. The growing of the seeds doesn’t take much patients!
Learn how to make these cute little cress cups with a face after the jump. . .
What you need for cress cups with a face
– white sake cups (a small bowl or teacup will work too)
– black ceramic marker
– cotton pads
– cress seeds
How to make these cute cress cups with a face
1. Clean your cups very well.
2. Draw cute faces on your sake cups with your black ceramic marker. Bake in the oven according to the instructions on your ceramic marker.
3. Place a few layers of cotton pads in your cups. If your cups are bigger than mine you can also use regular wadding. Water it well. Make sure it’s completely soaked in water.
4. Put cress seeds on top of the cotton pads. Place the your cress cups in a light area but not in full sunlight.
5. In the next couple of days your cress will grow very fast. Don’t forget to water your little plants!
Aren’t they cute? XO Wilma