Spring has sprung and that should be celebrated. So I made lollipoppies! Yes, I spelled that right: these poppies are made with a lollipop. Ho cute is that? They are really easy to make and they would make a great favor for your next party or maybe even a wedding!
What do you need for lollipoppies
How to make lollipoppies
1. Cut the shapes you see in the picture above from your tissue paper. From the green paper you need one leaf shaped piece, one piece to cover the bottom of the flower (this one needs a hole in the middle for the straw) and a long strip to cover the stem. From the red paper you need 6 round pieces for the flower. Don’t cut this to round, that wouldn’t be natural! These rounds also need a hole in the middle. From the black paper you need one round piece with a hole in the middle and cuts on all sides (see picture) and a piece to cover the lollipop.
2. Cover the lollipop with a piece of black tissue paper using your glue gun.
3. Add the second piece you cut out of the black tissue paper. Put the stem of the lollipop trough the hole in the paper en glue down with your glue gun.
4. Add the red pieces of tissue paper. Put glue at the middle of the pieces of paper to secure it to the lollipop. Wrinkle the paper a little bit to get a nice full poppy flower.
5. Put a paper straws around the stem of your lollipop and glue it down.
6. Glue down the green piece for the bottom of the poppy and glue and wrap the long green strip around the paper straw.
7. Glue down the leafs by wrapping it around the stem.
And your beautiful lollipoppies are ready! I hope you enjoyed this DIY project. I certainly did! 😀 XO Wilma