I have a pair of black pumps that are really comfortable. Because of that I wear them a lot and oh boy that’s visible… I can’t trow them away, they are to comfy! But I can’t really wear them anymore ether. Don’t we all have a pair of shoes like this? I decided it was time for a makeover. For the shoes I used some vintage fabric and the heel is covered with fake leather. I developed a really easy technique on how to make a pattern for your fabric. So, let’s get started! XO Wilma
Learn how to Mod Podge your shoes with fabric after the jump. . .
What you need to to Mod Podge your shoes with fabric
– old shoes
– Mod Podge
– paint brush
– fabric of your choice
– fake leather
– contact paper
How to Mod Podge your shoes with fabric
1. Look for some shoes that really need a make over. These are mine, you can see they really need a makeover!
2. I made my pattern using contact paper! This is really easy because you can wrap it around the shoe and it will stick to it. I took two pieces of contact paper and wrapped it around the shoe. After that I cut off the excess.
3. Pull the contact paper from your shoes and stick it on your fabric. Cut around it, leave some extra fabric at the places where the hole of your shoe is (you can fold the fabric inward) and where the two pieces of fabric meet. Place for the second shoe the contact paper on the other side of your fabric and repeat.
4. Put a thick layer of Mod Podge on your shoe and glue the fabric on your shoe. You may need to make some small cuts to make it fit. Make some cuts at the excess fabric on top and glue it inside your shoe.
5. Put another layer of Mod Podge on top of your shoe to seal the fabric.
6. Repeat steps two, three and four for your fake leather heel.
7. Wait until the Mod Podge is completely dry and your ‘new’ shoes are ready to wear!