A little while ago I posted a this chevron friendship bracelet DIY project. Today I have another chevron bracelet for you. This one is a lot quicker and easier the make than the first one! I added the metal toggle closure clasp again to make it look a little more grown up.
Learn how to make this chevron friendship bracelet after the jump. . .
What you need for this chevron friendship bracelet
How to make this chevron friendship bracelet
1. Choose your colors of cotton yarn. Cut from each color a string of about a 60 centimeter long.
2. Attach the piece of chain to one of the jump rings. Put the yarn trough the jump ring until the jump ring is at the middle of your strings. Tape this to the floor or a table. Arrange your strings beginning en ending with the same color. In the middle you will have the same color next to each other. Leave a space between the strings in the middle. This way you will have two sets of strings.
3. Move the string most left from the left set of strings to the left of the right set of the strings.
4. Move the string most right from the right set of strings to the right of the left set of the strings.
5. Repeat this until you end up with a long enough chevron braid.
6. Cut of the end in a strait line. Use your jewelry pliers to attach the fold over clamps.
7. Attach your chain and clasp. The round piece can be attached directly to the clamps. The other piece should be on the side with the chain.
8. How cute are these chevron friendship bracelets?
9. Your new chevron friendship bracelet is ready to wear! XO Wilma