This recipe is a classic. It’s really simple to make but it tastes ten times better than store bought garlic butter. The herbs are growing in my garden and garlic is something I always have laying around so I make this butter often. I never use a lot of garlic because I don’t want it to dominate the taste, but you can adapt the recipe if you want to.
Learn how to make this garlic and herb butter after the jump. . .
What you need for garlic and herb butter
- 200 grams of butter
- 3 tablespoons of chopped chive
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
How to make garlic and herb butter
1. Cut the butter in smaller pieces and put it in a small bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds to make it soft enough to work with. Put the parsley and the chive in the bowl together with the butter.
2. Put the garlic in your garlic press and put it in the bowl. Add the lemon juice. Finish wit a little bit of salt to taste.
3. Mix everything together. I use a fork to do this. If the butter is still to hard you can microwave it for another 10 seconds until it’s soft enough to work with.
4. Your garlic and herb butter is ready!
Bon Appetit! XO Wilma