I love to have little notebooks on hand. Problem is, the really cute ones are usually the really expensive ones. And of course I want a cute one! It really isn’t hard to create one yourself if you now to do it. So today I’m going to show you how to cover a notebook with fabric!
See the instructions with step by step pictures for this notebook after the jump. . .
What you need for this fabric covered notebook
- a notebook
- fabric of your choice
- Mod Podge
- paint brush
- ribbon (optional)
How to make this cute fabric covered notebook
1. Lay down the materials for your project.
2 & 3. Decide how big your piece of fabric should be. You can do this by folding the side of the fabric inside the book for about an inch. Fold the fabric around the book like you see on picture 2 and cut about an inch around the book (see picture 3).
4. Put Mod Podge on the outside of your notebook.
5. Place the fabric on top of the notebook and push it into place.
6. Put Mod Podge on the pieces of fabric on the side of your notebook and glue onto the inside of the cover of your notebook.
7. Cut the fabric like you see on the picture.
8. Glue the remaining fabric to the inside of your notebook. If you want to you can now add ribbon. You can do this by glue it on the inside of the cover at the end of the notebook (where the fabric is glued to the inside). Glue the last and the first pages of the notebook to the cover. That’s it!