DIY – No sew t-shirt reconstruction

diy easy no sew t-shirt reconstruction

I love to make things that are easy to make but with a big effect. For this t-shirt reconstruction is no sewing required. It’s really easy to make but it looks lovely! You only need a few basic tools to make this t-shirt. From baggy t-shirt to cute shirt: let’s get started!

Learn how to make this no sew t-shirt reconstruction after the jump. . .

What you need for this no sew t-shirt reconstruction

- baggy t-shirt
- ribbon
- scissors
- fabric glue
- crayon

diy easy t-shirt reconstruction

How to make this no sew t-shirt reconstruction

Look at the image above for directions. First you need to widen the neckline. Cut the neckline like you see on the image above. You can use a crayon to sketch the neckline first. Now you need to make four small cuts for your ribbon. The first two cuts are right below the middle of your breasts. The second two cuts are around 4 inches away from that, closer to the sides of your t-shirt. Cut your ribbon in four pieces of approximately 14 inches a a piece. Put the end of the ribbon inside the cuts you just made and glue it to the t-shirt. When the glue is completely dry you can put the t-shirt on and make two knots. First the two pieces of ribbon who are the closest to each other in the middle, then the other two. That’s it!

22 thoughts on “DIY – No sew t-shirt reconstruction

1. Benita

Very cute! How does it wash? Is this something that can be washed and worn may times or does it take special care?

2. truebluemeandyou

Love this restyle. @Benita if you use a fabric glue, especially one formulated for stretchy fabric, you should be able to easily wash it over and over again. The type of ribbon used or trim is also important and you may have to iron it.

3. Sarrastia

Love this. I always want to do crafts but I am hopeless with sewing anything more than a two stitch fix. This fits right in with my laziness and style!

4. Pingback: 20 Free Summer Top Patterns :

5. Christa

Where do you glue the ribbon to? To the middle cuts or to the outer cuts? And on the inside?

6. Pingback: DIY | Pearltrees

7. Alida

Can you go into more detail on how/where to glue the ribbon? It is hard to tell from the picture/directions.

8. midgies attic

Great idea but what about no glue? Maybe just cut ribbon in 2 and pass through slits from behid. Presumably you would have 2 layers ribbon for one short length but can’t see it being major problem.

9. Jill Potter

Hi, Great idea! It is so cute and flattering. Can you go into a little more detail about where to glue? Sorry…I’m just not getting it. I have a hard time picturing things sometimes. :)
    Thanks for sharing!

10. Maggie

At first I didn’t understand it, but I made it today as a gift and it works great, I’m going to explain the part of the ribbon.
    1.You have to create 4 slits on the shirt. As instructed above.
    2.Cut 4 pieces of ribbons at 14″ each.

Here where the confusion was for me.
    Here’s what I did. I turned the shirt inside out and glue to the right of the slit
    1.I glued the 1st 14′ ribbon to the left by the seam, then I glue the second piece onto the next.
    2. I glued the 3rd piece or ribbon to the right side, then the last piece.
    I let dried for 1 hour then I turned the shirt inside out.

I then pull all ribbons to the front of the shirt.
    I tied the sides first
    Then the middle ribbons it came out really cute

Another thing I did I added the same ribbon to the collar to give it a finish look it was really cute.
    HTH and I luv luv this tutorial.
    Thanks
    Maggie

1. Maggie K.

So if I am understanding correctly you sew 14 inches of ribbon next to each slit on the wrong side then pull all 4 pcs. Through the right side turned. Then tie ribbons together on sides then all together in middle? I’m sorry to continue to question but I love this shirt and due to my size store bought ones never fit properly. (Large chest thin body). I think I could make this work if I understand. Thanks!

11. Pingback: Fabric | Pearltrees

12. Pingback: Crafts | Pearltrees

13. Pingback: Asian (Korean) | Pearltrees

14. Pingback: Reconstruct Your T-shirts to Revamp Your Spring and Summer Wardrobe | Smart Mom Style

15. Pingback: Jane Hall (marionetterebel) | Pearltrees